About Me

My photo
I love to read, scrapbook, sleep, canoe, and hang out. My absolute favorite thing to drink is sweet peach tea from Sonic, and I could eat Mexican food every day. I have five cats, one son, and two beautiful and adorable and intelligent granddaughters.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Goddesses

As I sit here at my computer in my pj's, I am surrounded by many things that both comfort and frustrate me.  My crafting, specifically paper-crafting, stash.  They both move me to creativity and frustrate me.  I so long to be one of the truly gifted in terms of paper-crafting, mixed media artsyness, but, alas, I'm not.  I scraplift with the best of 'em.


I have always dabbled in something "crafty" or "artsy": oil painting, acrylic painting, embroidery, quilting, sewing, crocheting, scrapbooking, card making, collage/mixed media...but I don't feel really great about any of it.  I think my brain just doesn't normally flow that way.  They call me the "Grammar Goddess" at the school where I have taught for 28 years, and that's a title that I don't take lightly and that I wear proudly, but it's not "Art Goddess".  I'm not the "Writing Goddess" either; that title would belong to my daughter-in-law, Jessica.  I'm not the "Laughing and Sarcasm Goddess"; that would be my friend, Jeannine.  I'm not the "Savvy Business Woman Goddess"; that would be my cousin, Janie.  I'm not the "Advertising Goddess"; that would be my niece, Cara.  I'm not the "Auntie Goddess"; that would be my Aunt Diane.  I'm not the "Pink Diva Goddess"; that would be my granddaughter, Havah.  I'm not the "Natural Sciences Goddess"; that would be my granddaughter, Jonah.  I'm not the "Technology Goddess"; that would be my principal, Karen.  And...I'm certainly not the "Housekeeper Goddess"; that would be my mother, Beverly.


I am grateful to be surrounded by so many "Goddesses".  I hope you are all so fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment